Now that winter is finally behind us, it’s time to look forward to the spring and all of the wonderful things that come with it. One of those things: spring cleaning! While you might not be completely excited to spend your days giving your home a good cleaning, your home and future self will thank your for it.
- Detector Check – Inspect each smoke and carbon monoxide detector in your home. Replace all of the batteries and test them to make sure they are working properly. If it’s been almost a decade since you’ve installed new detectors, consider now the right time to do so.
- Window Watcher – Inspect each window in your home to see if there are any gaps or cracks around the frame. If there are any gaps or drafts present, apply a caulking sealant. For further energy savings, install weatherstripping around the frame of the windows as well.
- Dust Removal – Start dusting your home from top to bottom using an electromagnetic duster. After all of the dust has been removed from the surfaces in your home, start vacuuming the floors to remove all of the settled dust and any other dirt and debris. Don’t be afraid to open some windows to allow some fresh air into your home while you clean!
- Filter Changes – The air filters within your HVAC system need to be changed regularly. The less expensive filters will need to be changed out every month, while the higher quality ones can go anywhere from 3 to 6 months before needing to be changed. Mark your calendar for an easy way to remember when to change each filter.
- Tune Up – Now that your heating system is no longer needed, it’s time to shut that down and start up your cooling system. Before you use your air conditioner for the first time, it’s best to have it serviced to see if it’s working properly.
Your spring cleaning checklist might be a long one, but make sure these 5 tasks are circled, starred, and underlined! When your HVAC system needs a tune up or repair for spring, contact Airtech of Stamford. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (203) 323-3959.